l35br.jpg
battery

1 x
n30cx.jpg
solar panel

1 x
n82au.jpg
charger/regulator

and get some lights. Personally i'd go for caravan 12v fluorescent ones as saves the use of an inverter

Ideas on how to secure a solar panel from theft?

Sponsored Links
if you have a car just buy a second identical battery and swop them round every week or sooner if reuired this will stop all the worries of dammaging the batteries
you may have to additionaly charge the batteries dependant on how long your car runs are ect

you would also have to check if frequent battery changing will compromise the electronics on your car

I don't want to do this. Don't know enough.

Normal AA cells are not NiCd, but you can get NiCd cells in AAA, AA, C, D etc sizes.

They'd not be my first choice, as they aren't the smartest technology on the block now - NiMh would be better, Li-ion better still, but they're hard to find in genuine C&D sizes, and the chargers are expensive.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,,

I've followed a couple of threads on this site re: the above but i'm afraid my limited electrical understanding means i get lost the first time someone mentions inverters or any kind of tech speak!

I have just acquired a standard sized rented garage - not powered and no option to run a generator. The previous occupier had rigged up a 'sneaky' fluorescent lighting system spurred from an external power source (a exterior general public area light). Obviously the council got wind of this and disconnected his set up, but left all the lighting in place inside the garage.

So, my question to you knowledgable folk - could i use the light set up already in there (3 x 4 foot fluorescent lamps) and power those from a car battery?

If so, but need additional items (inverter)? would someone be able to list a easy to follow shopping list and setup to use.

If not able to use the existing lighting set up, would someone be able to again list an easy to follow set up guide and shopping list?

Any help much appreciated.

regards

Franc

as said before boosting up or down is wastefull
best to supply at battery voltage where little or no losses take place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back