rusting Zanussi fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3.5 yr old Zanussi fridge freezer, the fridge door (outside face) is covered in rust. Just wondered if any one else had experienced similar problems.
Have contacted Zanussi, not interested at all.

Sponsored Links
Blimey, that is bad.
hotncold said:
Have contacted Zanussi, not interested at all.
What about where you bought it from and see the manager to take them on.

Is it rusting from the outside or rust bubble under the paint?

Masona
Thanks for the comments, I might well try the shop where I brought it, worth a go anyway.
You would have thought that Zanussi would have at least been prepared to look at the probelm but no-not interested.
The rust is bubbling up just under the surface.
Cheers

hotncold said:
I might well try the shop where I brought it, worth a go anyway.
Let us know how you got on.

Another thought, Fair Trading or Citzen's Advice Bureau?

Sponsored Links
Realise this is quite an old topic, but I had exactly the same. The kitchen isn't the driest place, but the Bosch Appliances that sit next to the Fridge Freezer are perfect, no paint problems at all.

The surface rusting only appears on the front doors not on the sides or back, top of the appliance. I think Zanussi/Electrolux were experimenting with Green Toxic Free Paint Processes, which obviously didn't work.

At the time the rest of the stuff I bough was Bosch, Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer (2003) which has been fantastic. The Fridge now looks disgusting externally - and its putting me off my food. It still works, but cosmetically everything has gone wrong- handles have cracked - all shelving on inside door has cracked/broken.

Won't be buying Zanussi again thats for sure.

Realise this is quite an old topic, but I had exactly the same. The kitchen isn't the driest place, but the Bosch Appliances that sit next to the Fridge Freezer are perfect, no paint problems at all.

The surface rusting only appears on the front doors not on the sides or back, top of the appliance. I think Zanussi/Electrolux were experimenting with Green Toxic Free Paint Processes, which obviously didn't work.

At the time the rest of the stuff I bough was Bosch, Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer (2003) which has been fantastic. The Fridge now looks disgusting externally - and its putting me off my food. It still works, but cosmetically everything has gone wrong- handles have cracked - all shelving on inside door has cracked/broken.

Won't be buying Zanussi again thats for sure.

I totally agree. I'm on my second fridge door on my 2yo Zanussi fridge and it's got rust right up the edges within 7 months, and Zanussi are not interested unless I supply an engineers report blaming a manufaturing defect. They even said they have no previous history of this problem!!

Trust me, never, ever buy Zanussi/Electrolux if you're concerned about rust.

Also, your appliance insurance ie Dom&Gen won't pay out for rust either!!

have the rust on my Zanussi too. and what is interesting, neither seller nor the service cente is going to fix it

What makes me even more angry is that Zanussi Customer 'Service' deny any knowledge of previous rust complaints.

If your Zanussi is quite new, it might be worth getting your local trading standards involved, or try your lcal Citizens Advice Bureau.

I shall not give up until I get a new door out of these people. :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back