rustless radiators

Sponsored Links
That'll be a Radiator that has not gone rusty then..... or do you mean Aluminium Radiators? although these do corrode!!????? :confused:

my plans are to have a really efficient and absolutely clean system........ i have found things like fernox and other inhibitors, magnaclean etc are just preventative measures. . the sludge will always come through :( any advice will be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
i will have plastic under floor heating all round but i will be letting out the flat next door so will be installing rads there. thus the need for something which does not rust :(

A system with a bit of dirt in it is still as efficient.

The only problem comes if the dirt blocks anything in the boiler.

Tony

which is what i'm queryng........ is there such a system?...... i.e dirtless?......starting with the rads!

Inhibitor does exactly what it says on the tub, if you don't test the concentration of it and keep it toped up what do you expect.

which is what i'm queryng........ is there such a system?...... i.e dirtless?......starting with the rads!

The main problem is the use of steel rads with copper tube which CAN cause bi-metallic corrosion, especially if acidic flux is used and not thoroughly flushed. You could find copper heat emitters (finned tube), or convectors with copper coils but panel rads are most cost effective and cheapest in kW/£.

The main inhibitors use molybdate to put an inert coating inside the rads> I'm not entirely convinced this will stop corrosion, but it needs little maintenance or testing and so is the best solution for domestic heating.

The only alternative system I know of uses an oxygen scavenger and pH control at 8 or 9 to prevent bi-metallic corrosion. It needs test kits, skilled regular testing and skilled dosing of the chemicals. There should be minimal corrosion, if done properly.

The root of corrosion problems are generally due to slovenly installation and flushing. A clean system with inhibitor in it will have no sludge problems.

Corrosion or dirt in a system always results from a design fault or an operational fault.

90% of systems work as intended with no significant dirt.

There is no point in doing anything more.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back