RYOBI 10" SLIDING MITRE SAW (model EMS2026SCL) ANY GOOD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need help - to many options. Trying to find my first mitre saw that will cut up to about 270-280mm. I've seen the Dewalt 707 - seems good, but I really could do with saving a few pounds as i've just bought my first home - needs loads of work...aarrgh!

Seen many and got a few opinions. Don't want to buy a Chinese cheapy becouse I want some consistency and accuracy - will I get this from the Ryobi model - which is about 100 notes less than dewalt, cuts up to 305mm.......and comes with a laser - ooooohhhhhh!

Sponsored Links
I wish I had done this years ago. I have just got some Festool kit. A plunge saw and guides with a few other bits. The quality is out of this world. It is expensive but it would be a decision you wouldn't regret.

Not available for a month or so, but they are bringing out a slide mitre saw which will cost a bit, but will give very good value for money. You get a 3 year warranty just for sending the guarantee card back.

Hi max,try ebay,I've brought lots of tools from there.Just have a look at the customers ratting before you buy.All the best.

Sponsored Links
Hi, sorry for late post, i actually have this saw. i paid £185 for this a year ago from protrade.

It's a very decent mitre for the money but i suppose it comes down to having the right tool for the right job. you'll be hard pushed to find a better mitre saw that can cut upto 305mm for the same money.

here are a few points you might find useful or not.

the motor sounds amazing. it sounds like a formula one car and is really smooth and should last for years unlike some cheaper ones which rattle n clang and sound like they are on the way out.

I've noticed there is a newer version of this saw which has preset mitre angles for speed of use which the older one which i have doesn't.

It has an instantaneous power surge on pressing the trigger which can make the wood slightly jump unless you are holding it in position.

i don't 100 % trust the mitre angles around the saw as i sometimes don't get my facings fitting as neatly as i'd liked. hopefully this won't be a problem on the newer one with the quick angle positions.

The laser is very accurate for lining up a cut but dissapears on the down stroke of the disc, suppose not really a problem though.

hope i'm phrasing this right but beware this saw only bevels one way so you'll be shifting your length of wood from one side of the saw to the other rather than just flippng the bevel over.

overall i'm very happy as i can't really justify spending more and it's 10 times better than a few £80or so ones i've used

rubberball, are you really recommending a saw that you say is inaccurate but has a lovely sounding motor that kicks when it starts, :rolleyes:

new version is probably a lot more precise & acuurate as i wrote with the quick mitre angle adjustment points.

Vroom Vroom.

Is the 'new' version the one on sale now?

I plan on ordering this saw in the morning and don't want to spend the best part of £200 on something that will produce messed up mitres!

Suppose I'd best check the specs on the item description.

Need help - to many options. Trying to find my first mitre saw that will cut up to about 270-280mm. I've seen the Dewalt 707 - seems good, but I really could do with saving a few pounds as i've just bought my first home - needs loads of work...aarrgh!

Seen many and got a few opinions. Don't want to buy a Chinese cheapy becouse I want some consistency and accuracy - will I get this from the Ryobi model - which is about 100 notes less than dewalt, cuts up to 305mm.......and comes with a laser - ooooohhhhhh!

:) :) About a week ago I saw a sliding Ryobi 10” miter saw at a Home Depot (HD) store. The saws were stacked in boxes but none were on display on the floor. I remember noticing the price on the box was $199.00 even, not like the $199.95 that HD always adds to their prices. I visited about 5 HD stores that day looking for some parts for a job I was on and I forgot at which store I had seen the tool. I tried to locate the tool on the HD website to no avail. I also looked on the Ryobi site and they did not even mention that they made a sliding miter saw. I made some online inquiries at some Do-It-Yourself forums and got this link to a HD store in Canada.

Tonight while looking for something else I again went to several HD stores, ending up at the HD in Lancaster. I asked the tool guy there about the Ryobi slider. He misunderstood me and directed me to the regular Ryobi miter saw. Disappointed I turned to leave, but in a last look around, high over the floor I spotted three Ryobi sliding miter saws! The tool guy said he didn’t know that they even had them at the store and wondered why they were not on the floor. They also were not in the store catalog with a price and SKU. A call to the store manager elicited this story:

Periodically, merchandise destined for one HD store will get miss-shipped to another. Since they usually carry the same items, the receiving store will normally just sell the item, rather than having HD pay for pickup and redelivery. In this case, since the saw has NEVER been sold in the US, there is no place in the CORPORATE APPROVED FLOOR PLAN for them to place the saw on the floor. Further, all their tool guys get sent to a one-day show/school on the merchandise that they carry. This saw is not in that show. Therefore, no one knows that they have it, or anything about it, and the saw is not on the floor, nor even on the US HD website! Finally, the store currently has only one 10” sliding miter saw and that is the Makita for $499.00 and they would hate to upstage that saw for a product that they do not yet officially carry. I think that this will change as someone has to notice that this saw is competitively priced with the Kobalt sliding miter saw at Lowes but is a more recognized brand.

We entered the SKU from the box and bought up the HD-Canada link. Well, HD now has one less Sliding Ryobi Miter Saw and I have an early Christmas present!

I enjoy using Ryobi tools and have always found them to be good values for the money. Unless you are doing this for a living, it is probably hard to justify spending 4 or 5 times as much for another brand that will not display a whole lot of difference for the extra money. :p :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back