Ryobi 18v Jigsaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone used one of these and is it any good ?.
i've read in a review somewhere online that it's good for the money but very slow at making cuts. would anyone recomend this jigsaw ?

Sponsored Links
My one haas a lot of play in the blade guide wheel, so when it is pushed hard, the blade cuts on an angle. Whether this is a defect with mine or typical of the model I don't know.

It has helped me out quite a few times, but just for when I needed to make a cut in a place ackward for a normal saw. I would not use it for finish work. Use a quality blade, and it cuts well and quick

Run time is OK, but it depends on material. But the battery lasts longer than I thought it would. It's important to realise that it is a battery saw, and not expect it to do loads of cuts from a 8x4 sheet of 22mm ply.

For the money, I think it is worth it for when you need a saw in a tight spot. I would use a corded for any time I need lots of cuts, or accurate cuts. If you really need a cordless for detail work or many cuts, then I would get a lithium powered one from a better brand.

i have found it to be reasonably accurate
it does suffer from slow cutting when the work is oscilating [vibrating]at a rate simmilar to the blade indeed it wont make any progress at all untill you re position or support the work differently it oscilates at 2100 strokes which i assume is a contributery factor as my 18v dewalt that does 3100 strokes dosent suffer simmilerly with identical blades

my only real complaint about the ryobi is as said above sidways movement on the guide wheel means the blade will wander if you overload it [and cut at the base plate] :D ;)

it is pretty accurate but like any jigsaw the greater the load the more the chance of wandering
it is no less accurate than the dewalt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back