Ryobi 4 stroke strimmer air filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 Ryobi 4 stroke 30 cc strimmers (different models) and neither of them has any filter material inside the cover. Seems strange to me.

Does anyone have any idea about this?

Sponsored Links
The standard Ryobi filter is usually a piece of black foam that fixes around plastic pegs inside the filter cover......sort of cut from a tubular length of the stuff if you see what I mean.
For sure, there should be something!
John :)

Thanks John.

I agree there should be something in there to catch the dust & debris! I bought one of them brand new so you would expect that there should have been a filter of some sort in it.

I will have to hunt around and see if I can find something.

Cheers

Sandy

Sponsored Links
I think it is Model RLT-430CES, but there is no identification plate on the machine.

Sorry for being vague! Would a photo or two help?

Cheers (n)

Curious for sure.....an air cleaner foam isn't listed.
I'm wondering if it's integral in the air box cover maybe?

No, the air box cover is completely empty. Doesn't make sense to me with all the detritus flying about!

I have ordered a sheet of foam filter material and will fashion something out of that.

Sandy o_O

I'd certainly say that's an excellent idea considering all the grot that will surely collect there.....I've never seen a strimmer without one!

Thanks for that - I have ordered two of them.

Rest assured I will be in contact if I need anything in the future.

Cheers, Sandy :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back