Ryobi batteries and a charger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So just bought a bare ryobi impact driver and looking for a couple of batteries and a charger but unsure of which charger to go for the bay have loads of deals but don’t know which one to go for, any recommendations?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
ryobi direct not connected directly to ryobi but good prices in general run by cbs powertools
https://www.direct-powertools.co.uk/ryobi-batteries-chargers-c102x2256588

just be aware if you get the latest fast charger and new style batteries they will fit the tools old and new and work but the charger has a list off compatible batteries
and the batteries tell you what tools they are designed to work with that precludes all blue tools and older green tools
now it doesnt say why but i assume protection connected i simply dont know so maybe choose the silvery batteries
just be aware ryobi batteries are more expensive than most trade tools now dewalt for example

ryobi direct not connected directly to ryobi but good prices in general run by cbs powertools
https://www.direct-powertools.co.uk/ryobi-batteries-chargers-c102x2256588

just be aware if you get the latest fast charger and new style batteries they will fit the tools old and new and work but the charger has a list off compatible batteries
and the batteries tell you what tools they are designed to work with that precludes all blue tools and older green tools
now it doesnt say why but i assume protection connected i simply dont know so maybe choose the silvery batteries
just be aware ryobi batteries are more expensive than most trade tools now dewalt for example
Thanks I have an old dewalt set with 6 or seven tools but no batteries and now not working so only wanted a simple diy option

ryobi direct had a cracking deal 2x5ah£99 for a few days last weekend and i was going to post but as it was the brand new batteries and didnt want to put my name to a restricted use battery
sign up for ryobi direct emails/newsletters you get up to two offers a week but at least an offer every few weeks
the last one before the £99 offer was a fast charger 5ah battery and a free detail sander about £116

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your help I got stung years back with Marita copies and that’s why I am ditching the old dewalt 996 range and moving over to diy

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
what model number is your impact??
compatable with rid1801/r181d3/r181d2/r181dp/r181dbl/r181w3/r181w7

lower case can be capitals and 1 may be i and visa versa

Last edited:
what model number is your impact??
compatable with rid1801/r181d3/r181d2/r181dp/r181dbl/r181w3/r181w7

lower case can be capitals and 1 may be i and visa versa
Sorry not picked it up yet I only bought it as it had dropped to under £30 it says it is a R18ID2-0

the -0 just means no kit as in no box/battery/charger so you can use the most recent battery and any old battery as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back