Battery charging

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Is there such a thing as a universal charger for 18V tools ? It seems to me that the only differences are the physical interface between battery and tool/charger. A single PSU/charger, with a range of physical adapters would be very useful. I currently have pre "EXT" Erbauer, an EXT Erbauer, a Milwaukee and a Ryobi tool. My pre EXT Erbauer and my Ryobi charger have died and I don't want to replace particularly the Erbauer one as it seems to be obsolete.

TIA.

Sponsored Links
The problem for you is that some manufacturers will use a slightly different chemistry in the cells to others, that can make the difference between full and dead for the same end voltage. If I was to use a power supply to charge some Li cells I would stop early rather than try to go full, much to exiting in a bad way to overdo it. Also the end voltage is temperature dependant, so big cells usually have a temperature sensor of some sort in the middle, each manufacturer makes their own decision about how to do that. So in theory its possible, but much to easy to get it wrong.

IMAX imax b6 charger. Clones are £20 ish.

Some have used one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back