s*****g fireworks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5.30 pm its a sunday afternoon and its not even dark, and what breaks the silenence? A load of s*****g fireworks. The cats come flying in scared out of their wits. why? why at that time? why at all? Dont get me wrong i like fireworks on november the 5th, but why do we have to have them set off in this country just because the b***dy goldfish has burped? Can we not have a celebration without them? I remeber when i was young you used to look forward to buying your box of standard fireworks and letting them off on bonfire night, now there everywhere. Surely the thrill of them must go out of them when theyre so frequent.

Victor meldrew over and out! :mad:

Sponsored Links
Should be like the states mate.................BANNED unless it is a publi display, and whoever has that as an election pledge gets my vote :LOL: ( i know it won't be labour because they won't do that sort of thing in case it infringes on some muppets human rights ;) !)

It was very likely a Chinese New Year celebration, I would guess some people celebrate it a bit late due to work etc.

Year of the c*ck, I hear. :LOL:

Or possibly someone has given up being unannoying for Lent?

where does it stop, Ban all parties and celebrations?
Come on it's everyone's right to have fun occasionally( unless it's a tory ploy to make everyone unhappy ;) ) 5.30pm is not an unreasonable time.
Doesn't have to be dark for chinese celebrations it's the noise and visuals (costumes etc) that's important

Sponsored Links
fireworks should only be sold to clubs and the like under licence, its all very well to have the right to have fun but you've got to earn it and as a society I'm not sure we do, kids have been throwing them around (duno where they get the money) I know of elderly people that are afraid to go out. harmless fun is fine, I did it, rung doors bells and legged it, got caught,got a thick ear, did I tell my Dad? hell no, one thick ear was plenty.

I was woken on New Year's Eve by some very loud fireworks that went on for a good 10 minutes or so :evil: (some people obviously too p***ed to tell the time). When I was a kid we just had a small box of fireworks and were happy enough - I can't see why large rockets and the suchlike should be sold to members of the public.

Not sure about indoor fireworks - we had some sparklers and the mother held one out in reach of my 18month old... :mad: On second thoughts perhaps we should licence mother in laws instead...

pna said:
some people obviously too p***ed to tell the time

Or you were too sober to stay asleep ;)

The fireworks we had for Guy Fawkes did seem louder in 2004, someone said they are using a new explosive in them.

I love fireworks, but I do think it is antisocial to be setting them off at all times of the year. Part of the fun is the novelty value. Would Christmas decorations be so fun if we all had fairy lights and Christmas trees all year round?

I love having family fireworks parties so I think they should still be sold to the public, but over 18s only.

the problem is that fireworks are not the sole domain of guy fawkes night and people celebrate different occasions on different dates so it would be seen as a bit harsh to allow one sector to celebrate and not another.
In agreement that children shouldn't be allowed to throw fireworks in streets but where is the shopkeeper that is breaking the law in selling to them? perhaps a firwork stamped batch number and computerised system would help the police to trace the retail outlet?

Would Christmas decorations be so fun if we all had fairy lights and Christmas trees all year round?

I went in a pub on September 25th in time to see the bar staff putting up xmas decorations!

kendor said:
the problem is that fireworks are not the sole domain of guy fawkes night and people celebrate different occasions on different dates so it would be seen as a bit harsh to allow one sector to celebrate and not another.
In agreement that children shouldn't be allowed to throw fireworks in streets but where is the shopkeeper that is breaking the law in selling to them? perhaps a firwork stamped batch number and computerised system would help the police to trace the retail outlet?

In some states of the US you have to apply for a licence to have fireworks for say a wedding, maybe that would be a better idea

kendor:
perhaps a firwork stamped batch number and computerised system would help the police to trace the retail outlet?
Sounds a good idea but there's not much left after the thing's gone bang?

shaggy said:
kendor:
perhaps a firwork stamped batch number and computerised system would help the police to trace the retail outlet?
Sounds a good idea but there's not much left after the thing's gone bang?
That's true, also the shopkeeper may have sold to an adult who then passed them on so it would ba a hard one to police.

petewood said:
Would Christmas decorations be so fun if we all had fairy lights and Christmas trees all year round?

I went in a pub on September 25th in time to see the bar staff putting up xmas decorations!
Must have been a good night if you've just sobered enough up to remember that ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back