Sabre HE Heating fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ongoing issue with my Sabre HE boiler. It is programmed to come on in the morning (pre-work) and evening (after work).
The duration in the morning is a relatively short period 06:30 - 08:00 and on again 17:00 - 23:00.
After the heating has reached temperature (AM&PM), the LED proceeds to flash green every 0.5 second. The manual has this as a temp fault. I can no longer get any heat in the house once it has achieved the initial heating request.
I have had Vokera out several times under warranty, most recently who's report stated the following:

1. Upgraded the flue venturi.
2. Cleaned and freed blockages in condense release trap.
Engineer suspect circulation problems within your central heating system (non boiler related).
3. The system filter fitted to your central heating system is possible full or partially blocked? as this part of your system our engineer cannot check this as it is not boiler related. ***I have cleaned this to no avail (Gold Filter)***
4. Engineer tested the combustion test on hot water separate to the heating system and that was ok, so is why his conclusion lead him to believe the issue may be system related issues.

Is anyone able to clarify any of the above. The boiler is just over 2 years old and as part of the installation, the whole system was flushed prior to this.

FYI:

I have spoken to the Gold Filter company who clarified that even if the filter was full, it does not inhibit flow. (speaking over the phone they queried an issue with a motorised valve, in so far as that the boiler can sense the temp but there is no flow out to the radiators)

I have also had an independent plumber out (who has witnessed problem first hand) and following the manual cannot legislate for the problem based on the trouble shooting guide.

Sponsored Links
boilers are actually not that complicated.

Do you have hot water on demand?
and how hot does it get?

If the hot water works fine then the saftey thermostat is fine.
If the system was flusehd properly 2 years ago, it shouldn't be anything in the pipes.

My best bet so far is the motorr pump is on its way out.

They usually go if there is air in your raditiors.
To be honest I'm speculating again. but it would be useful to knw if your HW supply is still working ok?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back