Sadia Hotflow Water Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a heater as above, which has been in use for some years, and have recently had a very slow dripping from what appears to be the overflow outlet from the pressure relief valve.

I have turned the valve on and off, releasing a flow to try to clear it, but it just returns to slow dripping again.

Is there any way I can clear it, or would replacing it be the answer.

Anyone with experience of this please!!!!

Sponsored Links
Has it got the pressure red valve,nrv and expansion vessel fitted?
What size of water heater is it ie 10,15,30 litre.

Thanks for your response PRS1.

It has nothing but a 6bar pressure valve with a twist knob, which when turned allows a flow of water through.

It's only a small heater, 10 litres I believe.

The drain pipe from the valve just keeps dripping. Since I tried releasing some flow to clear the valve it has not reduced the drips, in fact is now a bit worse than before, dripping a little faster than previously.

U could just replace the prv and see if it sorts it but personally i would fit a pressure red valve, Non rtn valve and expansion vessel.
It sounds like u have high water pressure couple that with expansion from heating the water but try the pr valve first just in case.
Hope this helps
All the above can be bought as a kit,personnally whatever the Mis say i would not fit one without the additional componants.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like good advice - many thanks for your help mate.

good advice from prs. alot of these htrs require an additional exp vessel should the inlet pressure be above 4bar approx. if you contact heatrae technical they could probably gve you the part number for a kit . whatever you do. don't cap the prv to stop the drip!

Important point Rojaca , many thanks for drawing attention to it.

I will check for the correct kit, and get the job done properly. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back