Safe to run a shower pump off a smart / remote controlled socket?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just needed a bit of safety assistance. Long story short, I have a shower pump up in the loft, directly in between 2 bedrooms. It is connected to the normal plug socket up in the loft also.

As I get home really late from work sometimes, having a shower at night means waking the whole house up. One of the showers works perfectly fine with the shower pump off, so my plan is to use this with the shower pump off, when I get in late.

My issue is turning the plug socket up in the loft off. I am therefore thinking of plugging either one of those smart wifi plug sockets or a remote control based socket in line, so that I can remotely control this socket.

My question is regarding the safety of doing so. My shower pump's sticker states it is 230v and has a w input of 850w. Would this be perfectly safe to run on a in-line smart socket/remote socket that is capable of handling 13 amps?

TIA :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back