Safety issue with domestic appliance

Sorry for my late reply but I have had no computer for a few weeks. The developments since my last post are as follows. The oven suppressor https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAMSUNG-...ssor-Filter-for-Oven-Cooker-PCB-/382242309533 is fitted to several different ovens (Samsung & Lamona ) & the problem is that the neutral connection of the coil on the pcb pokes through a hole in the thin plastic mounting & either permanently or temporarily shorts to the oven casing. Trading standards agreed with me that it was a potentially dangerous design, particularly if protective devices failed & they would take up the case with Samsung. I await their replies.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
.... the problem is that the neutral connection of the coil on the pcb pokes through a hole in the thin plastic mounting & either permanently or temporarily shorts to the oven casing.
Thanks for the update. On the assumption that the oven casing is earthed, although that would cause an RCD (if present) to trip, it would not represent a hazard unless there was an incredibly unlikely combination of other faults. Don't forget that if you have a 'PME' electrical installation, the neutral and earth (and hence anything earthed, like an oven casing) are actually connected together where the supply enters the property.
Trading standards agreed with me that it was a potentially dangerous design, particularly if protective devices failed & they would take up the case with Samsung. I await their replies.
Good. Please keep us posted.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back