Safety Lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Softus said:
oilman said:
There you go. Um, though this doesn't look like the real one
confused-smiley-015.gif

A typical oilman posting though: pointless.

Ah, that's more like the real one.

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
If I'm a dimwit - then what does that make you gas fitters? You've yet to come up with an idea between you.

joe

joe-90, at the risk of enraging previous posters on this topic, I'm going to stick my nose in. FYI I share the view of ChrisR here, also ollski and oilman, and, in particular, chrishutt.

You might be a reasonable bloke most of the time, but you're acting like a dolt. This previous comment (of yours) is just plain wrong.

What's happening with Penster's problem is a careful process of diagnosis that involves theory and reason, experience and intuition. It's only by the application of a process of problem solving that regular posters (and professional engineers in general) get it right most of the time. It isn't enough to be right on just one topic, and what you're doing is gambling on one solitary solution that, on face value, was the answer to a problem that manifested in a different set of symptoms.

I suggest that you gracefully butt out of this topic, and watch to see what happens. Go and have a quiet drink in a pub somewhere perhaps? Basically just go and chill. If it turns out that you're right, which is, to be absolutely frank, unlikely, then by all means come back and have a go at explaining how you defeated the odds and reached your courageous and inspired diagnosis.

oilman said:
Ah, that's more like the real one.

You're starting an argument about nothing oilman. If you want a debate [Softus stifles a yawn] then feel free to start a topic. Your mum may be help you with some ideas.

But the bottom line is that none of you have a clue as to why because you are not there to test the thing. Just what is the point in going round and round?

It MAY be a venturi problem,
It MAY be a crack on the board.
It MAY be any number of problems -

...but so what? You aren't there and you aren't going to be there when the problem is solved. So what is the point?

You've all given your two penneth - and I've even given an idea that foxed a bunch of engineers for over a month.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that her problem is the same as mine - but it's still worth a thought as I assure you that it did happen.

Let's face it, if the BG people haven't sorted it yet it just may be one of those. "Well I'd never have suspected that", sort of problems.

I simply gave another possible option - do you have a problem with that?

If so - why?

joe

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
But the bottom line is that none of you have a clue as to why because you are not there to test the thing.
That is just not true joe-90. See my previous posting. Also see the feedback from Penster who has thanked the helpers (one of whom I am not) for their contribution(s).

joe-90 said:
Just what is the point in going round and round?
Curious that you of all people should ask that. The corollary of that is to ask what is the point of this forum. Maybe I don't know. Maybe it's fun. If you're bored with it then go away, or if you're dizzy then just close your eyes.

joe-90 said:
You've all given your two penneth - and I've even given an idea that foxed a bunch of engineers for over a month.
No. You didn't. You said that the 'idea' came from the boiler manufacturer And let's be accurate - the manufacturer had the benefit of knowing all the fixes that had been attempted prior to that consultation. And let's be even more accurate - your second posting said this:

joe-90 said:
So actually, I've got it wrong way round.
And the (following) is really quite bizarre:

joe-90 said:
I'm not suggesting for a moment that her problem is the same as mine - but it's still worth a thought as I assure you that it did happen.

Erm, yes you are. You said this:

joe-90 said:
The reason I am putting this idea forward is that I had a very similar problem a few months back.
In what way is that not a suggestion "for a moment" that it's not the same problem? I could say you seem like a stupid little teenage girl that I know, but also that I'm not suggesting that you are one. How do you interpret that?

joe-90 said:
I simply gave another possible option - do you have a problem with that?
In a word, no, but you really oughtn't to be surprised that people have a problem with your hypocrisy - you object to the alleged repetition and yet you've done little but whinge for several days.

joe,
You just don't know when to stop, look and listen, we don't have the problem, and you would not have one if you stopped harping on about the one time you knew what the solution was.

It's not me that's giving out insults.

oilman said:
...stop, look and listen, we don't have the problem, and you would not have one if you stopped harping on about the one time you knew what the solution was.

On this particular point I'm 100% with oilman. It's a funny old world.

Penster said:
Arghhh! I JUST WANT TO SCREAM!!!!!
You're not the only one. Here we are, 7 pages, 98 posts, possibly the longest thread ever on this forum (anyone know different??) and still waiting for British Gas to show up (assuming Penster would have posted if they had).

chrishutt said:
Here we are, 7 pages, 98 posts, possibly the longest thread ever on this forum (anyone know different??)

Baxi Barcelona lockout ran to 13 pages.

PaulAH said:
Baxi Barcelona lockout ran to 13 pages.
I stand corrected - thanks for pointing that out. However the Barcelona thread runs from January 2003 to June 2005 (about 127 weeks), whereas this thread has only run a week and a half, and is already more than half the length of the Barcelona one! Isn't that some sort of record?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back