Salamander ESP 140 CPV whole house pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a salamander esp 140 cpv installed on ground floor beside hot water cylinder with cold tank in loft (above floor 1). Pump feeds hot and cold to floor 1 only - ground is gravity and mains. It has own direct supplies from hot and cold tanks as specified etc.

It has started switching itself on and running very briefly (a few seconds at most) then off when the bathroom's not in use. Could be half hour after bathroom last used, then an hour or so later, then maybe a few hours later/middle of the night etc.

Any ideas please ? I assumed that if there was a leak, it would switch on more frequently and for longer - can't find a leak anyway.

Only thing I wondered about was whether the water in the toilet cistern was settling down and causing the pump to start. The cistern has high pressure fitting though.

Any ideas please ?

Sponsored Links
I have a salamander esp 140 cpv installed on ground floor beside hot water cylinder with cold tank in loft (above floor 1). Pump feeds hot and cold to floor 1 only - ground is gravity and mains. It has own direct supplies from hot and cold tanks as specified etc.

It has started switching itself on and running very briefly (a few seconds at most) then off when the bathroom's not in use. Could be half hour after bathroom last used, then an hour or so later, then maybe a few hours later/middle of the night etc.

Any ideas please ? I assumed that if there was a leak, it would switch on more frequently and for longer - can't find a leak anyway.

Only thing I wondered about was whether the water in the toilet cistern was settling down and causing the pump to start. The cistern has high pressure fitting though.

Any ideas please ?

Thanks Dan. Think the flow switch is OK - pump is fairly new. Taps not dripping. I've just tried pressing down the wee plastic float (don't have ball valves) in the cistern very slightly - the pump switched on and it didn't take much pressure for the water to overflow into the bowl. So, I've lowered it a bit to see if that's what's causing it. Hoping this fixes it - so far so good ! Should've tried this before posting the query :oops: - did think about it but discounted it as it seemed OK.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back