Salt

I'm not a big believer in diets as such.....healthy eating whenever possible...with indulgences (lets not go there) from time to time.........to time..........(wont go there either).....oh

salt

I dont add salt ....used to...but I gradually cut it back ...so rarely do I add salt to anything...herbs are the answer....but if I do use salt...make sure it is iodized salt....that's the mineral you need...iodine.

had to look it up....14 pounds=1 stone... :confused:

Sponsored Links
All table salt is iodised here... I heard from an Italian Medic consultant over here that theirs isn't and in some areas this leads to Thyroid diseases that we never see.

Maybe trace amounts of selenium should be added to our food, as Britain has a very low natural abundance of this essentail element.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
Nah, you just need some steak and kidney pie and Brazil nuts for selenium..... apparently. :D

It's also the active ingredient in anti-dandruff shampoo's. Nip out and buy some H&S and then follow the instructions - "Wet hair, lather, rinse with mouth open and repeat if required"

I stopped using salt altogether and don't even notice tha lack of it now but if we go out to eat everything tastes too salty, I'm told that we get plenty of salt without the need to add more and you often see people add salt before they've even tasted their food, I stopped when I reached 17 stone and now I'm............................17stone, so it didnt work but I'm 6'5'' so although overweight not as much as a 17 stone darf would be. if your a darf, nothing personal, some of my best friends are shorter than me. ;)

Back