Salus RT500BC receiver not working in either mode - no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

The receiver sits on Ideal Logic 30 boiler.
Have hot water, no heating (wasn't used since Spring)

Auto mode - tried all the tricks found on this forum, new batteries, frequency change, power off, distance, resets - have fire trigger on control module, no light on receiver, no heating.

Manual mode - click every 3 seconds. followed by 3 red light flashes. No heating. Only tried tapping and pushing the receiver to no avail.

A day before this I managed to sync and it started heating, turned off and woke up to +24 in house next morning. I suspect it wasn't synced and I might have left in on Manual mode, but still it worked somehow.

Is it a stuck relay, anything else I can try to get some heating e.g. bypass receiver and activate boiler directly? 9 degrees tomorrow and no engineer available until later next week.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any ideas ? If it looks like receiver is definitely gone, what would be the most reliable replacement compatible with this boiler ? Would get one from Amazon already so have the option to replace when engineer comes.

Have you tried leaving batteries out for 30 minutes?
New batteries must be good quality alkaline eg duracell Cheap zinc carbon or rechargeable batteries will not do.
The fair salus not the best if your looking for something in that price range eph combi pack 4 is a good option.
If your competent with wireing it is possible to temporarily link out the receiver.

Reactions: CBW
Not for 30 min, for around 5 min and using good new batteries. I think it might actually be linking (no green light but it clicks and red light flashes when flame icon appears on control unit) but relay is failing since also not working in manual mode.

I can't find a single video of how to put receiver on/off in this boiler, would I need to open the main cover, read that is not recommended for diy ?

will check eph thanks

Sponsored Links
Needs more than 5 minutes there is a capacitor that has to discharge.
Turn of supply to receiver as well
You should not take of boiler front panel without gas safe registration
you can possibly link heating supply in receiver.

Needs more than 5 minutes there is a capacitor that has to discharge.
Turn of supply to receiver as well
You should not take of boiler front panel without gas safe registration
you can possibly link heating supply in receiver.
Had boiler off and batteries out of control unit for 1 hr.
Turned boiler back on with Manual mode selected - heating started working straight away, though only lasted for 5 minutes, then went to stand by and started clicking (every 3 sec followed by 3 red lights) in both receiver modes now. Sync button on the receiver does not seem to do anything.

Its a salus, bin it they are absolutely dire, you can replace it with any brand you want they are simply a switch

Update, bled some radiators upstairs yesterday (a couple had some air) didn't make any difference - still only heated for 5 min after off/on.
Left it on Auto all night, was still freezing in the morning.
Then switched to Manual and it miraculously heated the house for few hours. Switched to Auto and seems to be reacting to the control unit's program now.
Happy days I guess. :unsure:

Still not sure what it was, but I think the advice to have everything off for 30+ min made some difference, thanks again for that.
Monitoring thermostat deals now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back