Salus RT500RF:Heating keeps coming on when thermostat is set to low

Sponsored Links
rt500 had dip switches in the receiver and corresponding jumper links to remove in the sender unit when commissioning. quite common for fitters to bang them in without following instructions.

if the installer next door fitted the same controller and did the same then next door could be controlling your boiler!

there is a fairly good range on these rt500's could be anyone!

get the installation checked out. look in the back of the sender unit, if all five jumpers are in place , the unit was never fitted correctly.

look at the installation instructions

Wow that’s interesting, I never looked at it like that before. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain that to me! All 5 jumpers are in place.

Started fitting hives these days as good price(screwfix) easy to install. And internet ready. Iv got one at mine. I got it set that, even in heating times if I leave or come home late the heating triggers on your location to a set point. Handy as by the time I have a pint after work, house is toastie . That Salus is old crap. I know I fitted quite a few

One other thing could be that the thermostat failed at some point and someone has put the link back in at the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Wow that’s interesting, I never looked at it like that before. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain that to me! All 5 jumpers are in place.

you need to follow the installation instructions to change the jumper positions to your choice, or get your landlord to organise.

it isnt rocket science.
many people dont like salus controls, i installed loads and rarely had a problem, the problems i came across were installs that were never done correctly........ like yours.

Started fitting hives these days as good price(screwfix) easy to install. And internet ready. Iv got one at mine. I got it set that, even in heating times if I leave or come home late the heating triggers on your location to a set point. Handy as by the time I have a pint after work, house is toastie . That Salus is old crap. I know I fitted quite a few

smart stuff is only as good as the operator, it just causes a whole new set of faults/problems.
i got called out to a nest problem.customer has
a 30k staircase
a 15k front door
a 5k downstairs toilet

nest wouldnt switch on. it would from my phone as i am still on her network.

drove 15 miles to have a look......... new phone, nest app not installed on it. more diamonds on her phone case than on my wife's fingers........thirty mile round trip for that....

smart phone, dumb operator. as i handed the phone back i could hear the pound notes clicking up!

So give me a solution to hot water and heating and second zone stat that has to be rf and can all be controlled without a programmer stuck in a cupboard. that can be used if not internet ready. At a good price. Drayton got chucked out after day 2. On a multi zone install and unvented.

Did you try changing the jumper positions and did it work? I have had similar issues and have instructions on how to change the positions and re-Sync with the boiler if you need them.

Did you try changing the jumper positions and did it work? I have had similar issues and have instructions on how to change the positions and re-Sync with the boiler if you need them.

No I haven’t tried yet. I phoned my landlord and the guys above suggested, I think whatever is wrong is out of my depth. So everything tonight is working exactly how it should be, just as my landlord came round the heating went off as expected because the temperature had reached as set :mad: after 2 weeks of hassle!! This could only happen to me. So I’m going to monitor it and see how it goes, but he will get someone out of it happens again. I’m sure it will.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back