Heating comes on when contrller is off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Bosch Worcester Junior 28i boiler with a Salus RT500RF wireless thermostat located in the living room with the receiver in the upstairs bedroom and the boiler in the loft. The radiator in the living room has no TRV's fitted.

The thermostat is still in summer mode (shouldn't come on unless the temperature drops below 16 degrees) yet the heating has been on several times when I come home from work. There is no flame indicator on the thermostat display and the room temperature is ofter around 22 degrees or more.

To try and alleviate the problem, I turned the controller off but the heating still comes on!!

I'm due to go away for three weeks soon and I need to leave the heating on to prevent pipes freezing (it'll get cold soon!) but I can't afford to have the heating on 24 hours a day!!

Anyone got any ideas??

Sponsored Links
You could always leave the boiler heating temp set to an absolute minimum.

The receiver unit is what you need to look at when the boiler is firing when not expected to.

Do you have any close neighbours who might have similar wireless controls?

Tony

I don't think the neighbours are a problem; I live on a gable end and it's never usually a problem!!

I did turn the boiler temp down a little, maybe I'll re-program the controller to a regular burn and see what happens!

Thanks for the reply though, any other ideas welcome!!

Press and hold the eco button on the boiler until it lights up green. Does this solve the problem? If it does, then you need to call a registered engineer. There is a problem with an internal component in your boiler.

Sponsored Links
Diverter is sticking, quite common on these.

Do what TCC suggested as this will turn preheat off. It will need looking at though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back