Radiators not heating properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Horstmann wireless room thermostat - is it possible that the sensor for room temperature or whatever it is, can go on the blink?

If I have it set at say 20 or 21 degrees, it's showing as heating on, but the radiators are only a bit warm so the house is freezing. If I turn it up to 22 or above, I'm nearly dying of heat exhaustion and the radiators are absolutely roasting.

Sponsored Links
Has this been a long term issue or is it something that's cropped up recently?

It's been like that for a good while. When it was first installed, having it set at , say 19 degrees, was fine but then it wasn't fine

Sponsored Links
I've moved it all over the house - hallway, living room and now it's in the bedoom

Yep. It goes through batteries a lot and it flashes when they're low. I put a normal thermometer next to it and it's reading 19 degrees whilst the room stat is reading 21

Personally then it might be broken, I don’t have any dealings with Horstmann. You don’t seem to be having much luck, just read your post on your broken dishwasher.

Honestly, I've had an electrical nightmare these last couple of months - first the timer went on the oven, then the kettle blew up, then hard drive recorder blew, laptop started to play up, had some problems with new one, now resolved, now the dishwasher has gone and it's bleeding freezing in the house, even though they've just done an external insulation programme - I swear it's colder.

I'm thinking of starting a trade in lucky white heather.....................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back