Help with Greenstar 8000 Life 35KW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently changed from Oil to Gas and had Worcester Greenstar Life 8000 35 KW boiler installed. I have some questions I would appreciate help with.

1: When I press the OK button on the boiler ( the screen was previously blank), I get a radiator symbol which is flashing and a temperature digital readout. What does this readout tell me about the boiler. I know when I run the hot water tap it drops quickly and then starts to rise starts to rise to around 81 degrees ,radiator stop blinking. It will then drop back to around 59 degrees. but starts rising again. The temperature for the radiators is set at 79 degrees.

2: When I switch on the heat in the morning, the radiators quickly heat up and soon become really hot, however as the day progresses the radiators can become luke warm and yet the temperature where the Bosch Easy Control sits is showing a room temperature of eg 19 degrees and I have set the stat for 21 degrees.

Sponsored Links
Easy heat is deciding what flow temp is required to achieve room temp. As room gets closer to target temp it reduces flow temp

H, thanks for your reply, would you know gauge is measuring when I press the OK button on the boiler. This morning it showed 55.9, and I hadn't switched on the heat.

The boiler has a pre heat function that keeps boiler warm to give faster hot water response , eco button in i the instructions

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the information, I was unaware of the ECO button function

You still having issues with your greenstar 8000 life?

Hi Khan82
No issues with my boiler, only minor issue I had was with the Bosch Easy Control. When i changed the program times after the winter period, it stored them only for a week and after 7 days it reverted to the previous schedule. The Bosch helpdesk were great and talked me through a factory reset which has resolved the problem.
It would be great if you could alter how long the boiler stays on if you inadvertently turn on the hot water and switch it off immediately the boiler runs until it reaches it set temperature. With the cost of gas " going through the roof", you could make savings if this could be altered.

Hi Khan82, apologies for the delay in responding, I was off on a short break.

Very interesting reading on the thread you quoted. I checked my boiler and it takes approx. 90 secs to return to CH if the DHW is switched on . This annoys me as my rads takes a long time to fully heat up. I have 14 rads albeit there are two rooms with towel rails and another two rooms with small single panel rads but there is one rad which takes a long time to heat up. My system was flushed approx. 4 years ago and I have the radiators balanced. I have tried to get a digital thermometer to do it more accurately but cant find one which doesn't cost a fortune. I read in the forum you highlighted that one guys was having a similar issue and was advised to alter the speed of the pump, the default setting is 3. I'm not confident to go in the menu and check and alter the setting in-case I mess it up, also in the threads there was a mention of putting the boiler to 100%, do you know what that means.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back