Salus rt500rf receiver not turning on boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all before I call a plumber out for my boiler I want to see if it's something I can fix.
So we have a Salus RT500rf thermostat, with the reciever on the wall has a solid red light but no green light when I turn it up.
I have changed the battery, reset the thing, turned boiler off and on, adjusted the heating levels on the boiler but it just isn't turning it on. Last week it all came on randomly and it ignited but now it is back to just red light.
The thermostat display is calling for heating but nothing happens. I'm thinking I need a new thermostat, but is there any quick fixes or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Sponsored Links
Doesn't your receiver have a manual override switch ? Not familiar with your salus to be frank.

I have duracell battery's on the thermostat and yes we have an over ride but it doesn't currently work as they aren't communicating with eachother

Sponsored Links
How long did you leave battery's out before replacing?
Try 30 minutes there is a capacitor that needs to discharge.
As above good quality alkaline battery's zinc carbon and rechargeable won't work.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back