Salus rt501rf Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone have an idiots guide to programming this please ? It’s about to cause ww3 in here because neither of us know how to work it . We’ve just bought the house so it was already here . I’m used to an older boiler with a dial clock where I just pushed the bits up for the times I wanted the heating on .
This seems to have 5 programmeable sessions throughout the day. My understanding of this is you have 5 time slots where you have the heating come on only if it has dropped below a set temperature and have a max temp for it to go off at .
My partner is saying session 1 is when you want the heating on & then session 2 is the times you want the heating off which doesn’t seem right . He’s also setting it at 18 degrees but there still needs to be a target temp surely ?
I would expect a trigger temperature and a target temperature at which point it cuts off , am I expecting too much ? I work from home and am fed up being cold all day . It’s at the point I’m opening the back door and sitting it outside for a few minutes so the sensor drops down to 17 and it comes on but it then seems to click back off as soon as it gets to 18 so I’m frozen . Please help

Sponsored Links
Hi does anyone have an idiots guide to programming this please ? It’s about to cause ww3 in here because neither of us know how to work it . We’ve just bought the house so it was already here . I’m used to an older boiler with a dial clock where I just pushed the bits up for the times I wanted the heating on .
This seems to have 5 programmeable sessions throughout the day. My understanding of this is you have 5 time slots where you have the heating come on only if it has dropped below a set temperature and have a max temp for it to go off at .
My partner is saying session 1 is when you want the heating on & then session 2 is the times you want the heating off which doesn’t seem right . He’s also setting it at 18 degrees but there still needs to be a target temp surely ?
I would expect a trigger temperature and a target temperature at which point it cuts off , am I expecting too much ? I work from home and am fed up being cold all day . It’s at the point I’m opening the back door and sitting it outside for a few minutes so the sensor drops down to 17 and it comes on but it then seems to click back off as soon as it gets to 18 so I’m frozen . Please help

download manual from:

https://salus-controls.com/uk/downloads/

scroll down and its listed right below, goto youtube and search for salus rt501rf.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back