Salus RT510RF

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
Hey, Friend,
I have Salus same relay and Vaillant ecotec pure 236 boiler. My question is why do you use 24V contacts and not Burner OFF contacts. Isn't this burner OFF contacts for ON/OFF relays, what is written in SALUS solution description? What do you get from this solution 24V RT?

Lithuania

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
You need to start your own post, it is against site rules to Hi-jack old posts, the existing post is completely irrelevant to your question

I appologise for that. Next time will do better. Just read discussion and found out it could be relevant to my problem, my mistake. Thank you for informing me.

Your boiler model is unique to Greece, we dont have them in the UK, burner off terminal would not normally be used here

Sponsored Links
Your boiler model is unique to Greece, we dont have them in the UK, burner off terminal would not normally be used here
Can be, but the control board is very similar to other Vaillant boards, that is why I commentend on an old post, where I saw the same PCB.
So what is Burner OFF used for in this case? Why for dry contacts to use 24V RT? As I used Vitopends 100 boiler and thermostat with "volt free" contacts it is clearily said in the manual, where to connect dry on the boiler side.
So where would you suggest to connect "volt free" contacts from stats relay to the Viessmann boiler?

Is this the correct solution?
salus02.png

I think burner off is used for underfloor heating systems. 24v is low voltage. Looking at your diagram the Salus is using 230vac switching?

Can be, but the control board is very similar to other Vaillant boards, that is why I commentend on an old post, where I saw the same PCB.
So what is Burner OFF used for in this case? Why for dry contacts to use 24V RT? As I used Vitopends 100 boiler and thermostat with "volt free" contacts it is clearily said in the manual, where to connect dry on the boiler side.
So where would you suggest to connect "volt free" contacts from stats relay to the Viessmann boiler?
Your boiler has just changed from a Vaillant to a viessmann ? You simply use the 24v switching, forget the burner off connection

I think burner off is used for underfloor heating systems. 24v is low voltage. Looking at your diagram the Salus is using 230vac switching?
No, switching is simple relay without any voltage.

Your boiler has just changed from a Vaillant to a viessmann ? You simply use the 24v switching, forget the burner off connection
I am using at home Viessmann and made connection to ON/OFF contacts in the boiler. It was crystal clear. When I was trying to connect one of my friends Vaillant boiler with stats I saw this 24V RT connector. Looks like, that it is just the same ON/OFF connector, but then why to call it 24V RT and confuse everyone:) Ok, I will change wiring in this case. Thank you.

I am using at home Viessmann and made connection to ON/OFF contacts in the boiler. It was crystal clear. When I was trying to connect one of my friends Vaillant boiler with stats I saw this 24V RT connector. Looks like, that it is just the same ON/OFF connector, but then why to call it 24V RT and confuse everyone:) Ok, I will change wiring in this case. Thank you.
24 V RT means 24V switching on room thermostat, burner off is a completely different thing, usually used when more than one heat source, but you dont need to concern yourself with that, just use the thermostat connections

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back