Salus RT510TX will not switch boiler off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a new Salus RT510TX to my Baxi Duo-Tec 28 HE combi boiler. I set up all the required programs. After pairing. The boiler switched on but will not switch off on any of the settings. I can turn off the boiler with the salus reciever using the on off switch on the unit. All lights on reciever are solid so paired to programmer. Will turn off boiler if i reduce setpoint temp. Somthing is keeping the little flame heating mode on (no 9 icon).So i would think as long as the flame icon is there the unit will never tell the boiler to turn off. Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
if the flame icon is staying on the boiler will stay on, you could try resetting the thermostat, this is done by removing the batteries without pressing any buttons, leave for two minutes and refit the batteries again without pressing any buttons the put your times back in and see if that works , if it doesnt the thermostat is faulty

Did you wire into 24 or 230v side and leave any kind of link in?

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is.

I can turn off the boiler with the salus reciever using the on off switch on the unit.
OK, so the wiring appears correct then.

Will turn off boiler if i reduce setpoint temp.
That also indicates that the wiring is OK, but suggests to me that the set point that the Salus is programmed for has not been reached, and therefore it should keep the boiler going. When you reduce the set point, it drops below the actual room temperature and therefore turns the boiler off.

Or have I missed something here? Do you mean for example, that if you were to set it to 20 degrees, that after the room where the Salus thermostat is located has reached 20 degrees that the boiler continues to operate and the room continues to get warmer and warmer so that the actual room temperature gets to 21 degrees and still keeps going?

Sponsored Links
Sorry that was a bit misleading.It controls the temperature fine. It will not turn off the boiler at the end of the program cycle. ie on 7.00am and off 9.00am it just keeps going on constant. I think i may have found the problem.It may be when I programmed it. I will take out the batteries and start again. Will let you know, thanks for the reply

If I remember correctly the Salus doesn't have 'on' and 'off' times per se. You program the temperature you want and the time that you want it. So, setting a low temperature at the time you don't want heat will effectively switch the heating off.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi Stem. Had a light bulb moment after your post. I think you hit the nail on the head . There is no on off part of the program. I have done what you suggested and it seems to be working now. Do you know what to do with unwanted parts of the program. Say an afternoon demand for heating that is no longer required. Other than taking out the batteries and starting again. many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back