Salus RT520 TX keeps switching to manual mode !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last weekend we woke up to a very hot house! The Salus RT520TX had managed to switch itself into manual ( which we had never used) and had over ridden the scheduled heating times!!
When I tried to press the manual button to turn off, nothing happened. Ended up taking the batteries out and the doing a factory rest after 1/2 hour. Set the controller up again and the same thing keeps happening! Heating keeps coming on as it keeps switching to manual on its own!
It’s driving me nuts! Can anyone help me? Is it a faulty controller or something it in the settings that I have wrong? TIA

Sponsored Links
Try changing the code in the salus thermostat and receiver, if a neighbour has the same as you they can send false messages to each other, its very easy o change them, the all leave thefactory set the same, so always best to reset them

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
If you dont have the manual google it, just a matter of sliding switches ormoving jumpers nothing hard about it

Get warranty repair.

I recently got a salus mechanical wireless stat. It's working like a champ, so far, saving me plenty of money by being pretty efficient at when to turn the boiler on and off. Sometimes, simple is best and less to go wrong.

Tried googling and can’t find anything! Will have to call them !!

Yep I have this but it doesn’t tell you how to set the RF code?

Yep I have this but it doesn’t tell you how to set the RF code?
Apologies -it doesn't, nor does the full manual. Are there any visible jumpers or dip switches on the receiver or the thermostat?
Is the receiver using Opentherm to talk to the boiler? Have you tried re-pairing the stat and the receiver?
Have you checked the receiver to make sure the switches on the front are set properly?
Does the right-hand button on the stat feel the same as the other buttons (any click or resistance).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back