Salus RXBC605 Plug-in Receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Bought a property with a Salus 501 transmit and the 605 receiver. It has kept losing pairing for a while, so I took one of the jumpers off the transmitter and now the receivers relay cliks every second with a solid red light and I can't pair anymore..

Going down the Nest route now, but until my install date, can I unplug the four wires off the thermo to my Baxi boiler and just turn the boiler on/off manually via the mains?

Interesting that I had some wirleless controllable cheap led lights in the same room running on 868mhz...wondered if those would conflict

thanks..

Mark

Sponsored Links
Is there not a little switch marked Auto / Manual on the front of the receiver? If so switching it to manual should achieve what you want.

If you simply unplug the wires, I believe that the switching wires (Com 3, and NO 4) would be permanently 'open circuit' and so the heating won't work.

Thanks for the reply..

The unit does exactly the same thing regardless of auto/manual unfort..

Could I leave wires 3 and 4 connected, and disconnect the 1 and 2 which I know have electricity (given that I accidentally touched both at the same ;)))) having forgotten the mains was on - WON'T DO THAT AGAIN)

Sponsored Links
Could I leave wires 3 and 4 connected, and disconnect the 1 and 2 which I know have electricity (given that I accidentally touched both at the same ;)))) having forgotten the mains was on - WON'T DO THAT AGAIN)
you will have to see which numbers are NO and Com and join these two wires

Thanks Ian, at least I can get heating then in the evening. If I can't connect them, tape the metal ends together? (sorry for my naivety)

Apart from the occasional disconnect in pairing, the relay was fine until I took the unit out of the boiler (mains off) to have alook if it had jumpers to match the transmitter (which it doesn't). T.b.h the general consensus online seems to be Salus aren't much cop and I could do better, hence the nest upgrade. Just intrigued what suddently has made the relay stuck with constant clicking every second.

1 and 2 is definitely the electricity!! I know that having forgotten once to turn the mains off..

The LED lights were on Frequency: 433.92MHz, half the 868, any potential for interference there?

The LED lights were on Frequency: 433.92MHz, half the 868, any potential for interference there?
Nope shouldnt make any difference, but removing a jumper on the thermostat alters the frequency so you would have to do a manual rebind and yes salus are shoite, most likely your problem was cheap batteries you have to use decent alkaline batteries like Duracell

https://salus-controls.com/uk/product/rxbc605/

According to that you join 3&4 but check first, dont understand when you slide it to manual that it doesnt bring the boiler on as in effect you are doing the same thing

To be fair, it probaly will do, but I didn't give it a fair test as the boiler is in the same room where the nipper sleeps and the clicking was disturbing him, I will try tonight. I was all set to do a rebind but I am stuck with the solid red light and the clicking...My boys aren't with me tongiht so I will leave it clicking to see if it turns on eventually after the demand for heat phase kicks in

If the switch doesn't work, ideally the wires going to 3 & 4 should be cut and joined together. However as a temporary fix or as a test, sometimes I've removed the connector, inserted a wire link between terminals 3 & 4 then replaced the connector to trap the ends in place.

RXBC605.JPG

Thanks everyone for your help..

If we are also disconnecting wires 1 and 2, what shd I do with them from a safety angle?

Thanks everyone for your help..

If we are also disconnecting wires 1 and 2, what shd I do with them from a safety angle?

Maybe that's just me assuming we are disconnecting the live and the neutral....sorry if I am getting ahead of myself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back