Salus thermostat won't pair with receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Model is RT50RF
Seemed maybe yesterday as we noticed the temp in house was dropping below the set temp, but turning the set temp up and then back down ( on manual ) seemed to work . It must have been working overnight as the heating came on this morning on auto but then it seems to have completely lost the connection .

Initially there was only a red light on the receiver .
Turned the power to receiver off and switched it back on and very briefly the green light came on , boiler fired up , but then green light went off and boiler switched off.
Took batteries out of thermostat and turned power to receiver off and waited 10 mins. When power to receiver was restored we had red light flashing and green light was on. Put batteries back into the stat and went to pair in menu and let it count down and it still didn't pair . At some point ( the boiler is in the garage) before the 10 mins was up the green light disappeared.

Anything else we can try and any recommendations for a new remote thermostat please ?

Thankfully we've can get the heating on by turning the receiver to manual, but obviously no control over it and it's a bit of a pain having to keep going in and out of the garage ( which of course lets cold air into the house )
I'd rather the temp in the house didn't drop to 14c overnight ( we have it on auto set to to 17c overnight)
If we leave it on manual overnight and turn the radiator water temp down lower will it do any harm as aware that means the pump will run all night?
Any idea what sort of temp we should turn the temp down to?

Thank you.

(As a side note , I've read some of the other posts and someone suggested interference. We haven't changed anything , but aware that they've been putting VM cables in in our street and the metal cabinet thing they put in that is about 15m from our house . Yesterday a VM van was here briefly doing something inside the cabinet)

Sponsored Links
Try new batteries. My Salus had a glitch a few days ago which fresh decent batteries put right.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Try new batteries. My Salus had a glitch a few days ago which fresh decent batteries put right.
Anything but Salus, Altech (same as Salus), Secure/Horstmann or cheap Chinese stuff - all garbage
Had already tried new batteries but thanks anyway
Agree re Salus. It's never even been able to keep the correct time and loses about a minute each day.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I have a salus it500, its internet based, ok but laggy with teh app, its simple to use and program using the app and i use it on iphone and android, it was installed in jul 2020. Its had 2 firmware updates and batteries were changed in April this year.

This week during teh cold weather the app refused to work on both android and iphone, i logged in on line and same thing it refused to read from the thermostat device, i rebooted the gateway stil the same thing. Heating still worked on the times set on the thermostat, but you lost control of programming times which is dead easy with the app. If the house thermostat was accessible from a laptop via an ip address, it would have been easier.

Salus tech support is useless, really poor, they now have email support only, so they only respond if they feel like it, pretty sure before 2021 they had phone support. I emailed them, got a reply back after 2 days saying they sent some instructions, they never did. Then they emailed me to say use the it500+ app, i emailed back to say i already use it.

However i resolved it by pulling batteries out of the receiver and putting it back in, in effect rebooting it, i have come to the conclusion it will fail soon and will need to find a better one.

Ok. Hoping someone can help here. The guy installed a Neomitis RT7RF Plus.
Said it was good , but regarding setting it ( by sliding bars and turning a "not particularly easy to turn" wheel isn't a patch on the Salus, plus there's only the option for 2 different pre set temperatures which are Eco and comfort . Hoping it'll at least keep accurate time and last longer than 2 years

Have programmed 3 on/off times for 1,2 and 3 and set the " comfort" and " eco" temps as per instructions
Regarding the AUTO setting on the left vertical slide bar , what does the thermostat do in AUTO mode?
I know that sounds bloody stupid question, but the instructions just say Programme it for days of week and times for on/off for the 1,2,3 " comfort " periods

I think that on AUTO when it's within either 1 of the 3 comfort time zones I've set it'll call for heat up to the "comfort" temp.
Outside those zones, will it heat to the " eco" set temp?
So for example
Comfort set to 20c and time zone 1 0800 - 1000
Time zone 2 set at 1600 - 2200
Eco temp set at 17.5c
So in-between the end of time zone 1 and the start of time zone 2, will it keep the temp at 17.5c?

Or will it just be off?

Reason I'm particularly wondering is that he installed one fir my 86 yr old mother who needs the house to be kept warmish overnight, but lower than the 21.5 c comfort temp of during the day.
The bloke wherever our bloke bought the therm from said it was good for old folks.
I struggle getting a grip on that turny wheel!
Maybe he meant it was hard for them to interfere with with the temperature settings, which is what mother tends to do (then forgets she's done it )

Maybe it has an adjustable Frost setting that can be turned up?

Any thoughts appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back