Salus105rf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2020-8-21_18-1-21.jpeg

Looking for some help please guys.

Just fitted a salus 105rf wireless thermostat, I removed the old receiver and connected the wires to the new one exactly how it was wired before, red light is showing on receiver to show it’s got power and when I turn the heating up with the wireless thermostat the green light turns on and also makes a click noise but the heating ain’t coming on.
There is a 5 core cable from the boiler - live, neutral, earth, no and com.
And a power supply from a socket to receiver 3 core live, neutral and earth.
Could anyone please help me out.
Thanks in advance guys.

Sponsored Links
What boiler is it? Also are you sure that grey wire is common?

upload_2020-8-21_18-28-2.jpeg

it’s a British Gas boiler not too sure which one of these 3 models it is.
As for the grey wire, I ain’t 100% sure if it’s common but that’s what it was wired to on the old receiver.

It’s the first boiler in list 532i. Is there a timeclock and switch on the front?

Sponsored Links
Any idea what that problem could be? I wired it the same as how it was before. Like I said it’s definitely power going to it and also receiving signal from thermostat

Do you have a photo of wiring of how it was? Do you have any testing equipment?

Failing that @ianmcd will probably know, he’s a lot better at understanding wiring and Salus controls than I am :oops:. (Tagged in so he’ll see it)

Last edited:
upload_2020-8-21_19-48-18.jpeg
upload_2020-8-21_19-48-33.jpeg

that’s as good as I got unfortunately. Nope don’t have any testing equipment

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Ok so wiring does look good, however I think the emt2 had the L and Common linked internally, so you ,any need to link L and Com on Salus.

however I think the emt2 had the L and Common linked internally, so you ,any need to link L and Com on Salus.

It did not, doing so isn't required, and if the boiler wiring isn't 230V, doing that will destroy the boiler PCB.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Just been thinking about this on my way home, the ls from boiler will deliver the 230vac (the common), so should be ok. Have you checked the dip switches on the Salus?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back