Same Stuff, Different Film...

C

cmother1

Do you, like me, get tired of seeing the same old cliches trotted out year after year in the movies? If so check out this list of classics.

Some personal favourites of mine are:
Manhole covers can always be lifted easily;
The most beatiful actress can be rendered utterly plain by putting her hair back and giving her a pair of specs;
That debilitating bullet wound the hero has received gets better as soon as it's time to move the plot along a bit.

Anyone else out there with a personal favourite?

Sponsored Links
the key to a vehicle is always in the sunvisor.

the vehicle always has trouble starting when the mad axe murderer is running towards it.

taxi drivers never ask why you wish to follow that car.

With a serial killer suspected of being outside the house .......Women going outside to investigate, wearing nightie and holding a torch...... :rolleyes:

Men finishing a wet shave just wipe their face with a towel, rather than rinsing the lather off. Try it, you end up with a face that feels like its been starched or covered in dried wallpaper paste.

Sponsored Links
When I read the thread title my first thought was "Armageddon" and "Deep Impact", which, as far as I could tell, were exactly the same film...

When the camera pans across a knife block in a kitchen you can guarantee that someone's card is marked.

Classic "Deep Impact" cliche:
The rapidly rising waters don't quite engulf the hero.

thats coz he used a motorbike to get further up than the others :D

You always knew who was gonna 'buy the farm' on the Star Trek landing party, simply because you did not recognise them as regular crew.

.....and just who were those other home guard squaddies on Dads Army anyhoo?

The US single-handedly winning the second world war and also taking part in every significant moment of it, like capturing an enigma machine and the Battle of Britain for instance, without actually being at war :rolleyes:

a women wil always fumble with a gun she is given all the way through a film, but will pull off a miracle shot at the end to save the hero, who is grappling with the super villan.

after half a city has been destroyed by a bruce willis type cop character, he just gets out of the ambulance with the bit of totty and walks away with a slight flesh wound into the sunset. What about all the bloody paperwork???

a baddy will always look at an electronic device/bomb a second before it will blow up and have the look of realisation on his face of, oh i know what that is, its a bomb thats about to go off....bugger.

a car will awlays explode in a fireball when it goes down a cliff or is in an accident (oh no it doesnt watch mythbusters)

people with guns never need to change magazines, or only after the pistol has fired 75 rounds

a pistol sounds like a canon being fired, when in reality it goes pop

if James Bond is so lucky at winning at roulette which is supposed to have a random winning number, then why doesnt he enter the lottery each week and become the richest man in the world and give up the secret agent business?

.....and just who were those other home guard squaddies on Dads Army anyhoo?

Sadly one of them was Jonathan Ross. Some mis-guided soul gave him a first job and the west is history :cry:

No - hang on a minute Woss was in "It Ain't Half Hot Mum". Sorry , I'm mixing up me military sitcoms. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back