Samsung 42'' Plasma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 42'' Plasma that no longer works, the screens are not physiaclly broken but there are some horizontal multicoloured lines through the display.

Is this worth anything to anyone (ie is there a market for spares and reapirs) or should I just dump it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It was deemed beyond economical repair by a warranty firm, they simply replaced it with a new one. The guy who came out said before he'd even set eyes on the set that it was probably beyond economical repair.

Do not just dump it.

Put it on your local Freecycle group fist & save it from landfill.

Someone will be able to make use of it.

Do you get the rest of a picture or is it just the lines?
You may be able to purchase a replacement screen.

Sponsored Links
You do get the rest of the picture, broken up by these dodgy looking lines.

The set was only two years old when it went, not very old!

I am not interested in repairing it but moreso interested in the possibility of someone else taking it off my hands (for a small fee) and for them to do what they will with it?

Sounds like the screen has gone. This would probably only be of interest to a dealer that repairs Plasma TVs. They could use the PCBs to repair other sets as there are very expensive to buy as spare parts.

Thanks for all your input, i've given it to a recylcing scheme, see if they can make any good of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back