Samsung A12 Virus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Scanned a QR code to download what I thought was a genuine PDF document, but seems to have infected my phone with some sport of virus.
Symptoms:
1. Will not allow me to power down phone.
2. Attempting to delete the QR app only switches automatically to my home page.
3. Unable to conduct virus scan of phone as again it defaults to home page again.
4. I have installed a McAfee app but it will not run as again defaults to home page.
5. Won't allow me to do a reset to default settings
Any attempt to resolve it, defaults to my home page :(

How can I do a hard reset? I can't see how to remove the battery either :(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
would it connect to a PC with a USB cable?

(preferably one without important data on it)

IIRC my Norton will scan a phone because it thinks it's a connected drive.

let it go completely flat, it will power down eventually then.
Then charge it up again.

Hold power button down for 10 plus seconds.
That will turn off.

Hold power button down for 10 plus seconds.
That will turn off.

No matter how long I hold the button down.......it will not swic
would it connect to a PC with a USB cable?

(preferably one without important data on it)

IIRC my Norton will scan a phone because it thinks it's a connected drive.

Connected the phone to my laptop via USB and it was recognised. McAfee virus scan run on phone file but freezes at 44% !!!!!!!!!!
Reinstalled McAfee to laptop but no change.
I'll have to run battery down and hopefully run it up again in safe mode.
Phone battery currently at 100% due to the USB connection.

if you can address the storage on the phone from your PC, I suppose you could manually delete files if you could only find them. They're probably hidden.

this would be a bit of a last resort as you'd need to do a factory reset, and if you'd got any damaged files, perhaps download them from the maker.

Factory reset would fix. Sounds like phone is playing up..
Only option

if you can address the storage on the phone from your PC, I suppose you could manually delete files if you could only find them. They're probably hidden.

this would be a bit of a last resort as you'd need to do a factory reset, and if you'd got any damaged files, perhaps download them from the maker.

Not all files are visible when connected to the laptop. When I try to do a reset on the phone, it defaults back to my home screen. I cant even access battery status or apps status or anything to do with managing the phone. Trying to run down battery to see if it will switch pack on in safe mode. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back