Samsung American Fridge Noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi All
i need a bit of advise please. i moved into this house a month ago and it had a fridge already in there. large American fridge- please see pics.
works fine and i really love it actually but its noisy. i checked the back this morning and realised the noise (rattling?) is from the condenser coil unit. i listened closely and can hear it from that unit. i cant see any lose stuff that might be causing the noise but its really annoying and quite noisy.
my question is - is this a diy job at all? is it a case of buying a new fridge or if i cant diy, is it worth repairing?
how easy is it as a diy job. i believe the whole unit including the fan comes as a single unit?

Unfortunately i cant find the model number anywhere on the fridge as much as i look. i checked inside, on top , at the back but nothing.

thank you

Attachments

• fridge.JPG
    fridge.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 185
  • condenser coil.JPG
    condenser coil.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Very hard to say, could be the compressor, or the fan, or something slightly loose, but its very hard to advise if you can improve it yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back