Samsung BF641FST - Dead - Hob (same age) Works 100%!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Discription above.. High resolution pics below..

I have just signed up, I have been reading about similar faults related to my oven, hopefully "exactly" what is wrong, I am opening a new thread as I have noticed a burn at the rear which is quite a lot harsher than previous pics I have seen on here.

You'll notice burns to the centre rear of the oven.
All the metal shields have been removed.
All wiring is exposed and visable.

Someone mentioned an engineer replayed the main PCB - which circuit board is this? Is it the one in pic three to the left of the rising burn? (centre of rear of oven) or Is it at the top of the oven? Behind the main display on the face of the oven?

Just to give you a heads up.. We bought a hob and oven - as a pair.
The hob was doing it's "bbbrrriinnng" sound, so i never looked down.. The girlfriend went to cook something in the oven and then noted there was no display.

I lifted the hob and checked for any loose or burns within the wiring - nothing found.

I directly fed the mains by removing the mains from the hob and joined them to the oven, nothing.. Took out the oven and I removed the loop going to the oven and fed the direct feed which was working 100% with the hob, still nothing.

The oven is currently dead! ..I took the oven completly out and removed all shields - pics as seen below.

We've had it a few years now, not found the reciept - I like to tinker anyway, I have fixed a lot of different devices in the past, this is just my first oven! :D

Pic one - main display PCB - no obvious concerns?
IMG_4626.JPG

Pic two - Fan - no obvious concerns?
IMG_4627.JPG

Pic three - Fan? - harsh burn or just high level of greese - burned on?
IMG_4628.JPG

Pic four - Fan? product code - Is this device looking a cause of a fault?
IMG_4629.JPG

Pic five - overview of rear - see harsh burn + notice insulation on top right, I seen someone elses and it was spotless?
IMG_4630.JPG

I would appreciate all help available,
Much appreciated,

Damian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back