SAMSUNG OVEN BF641FST No Power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday our oven just stopped working, the heat was set to max and then after about 10 minutes the oven just turned off.

The display is blank and the fans had switched off along with the oven light (Normally the fans carry on until cooled down) The hob is run from the same socket and this still works. I am going to test the actual cable going to the oven itself tonight but apart from that I dont know what to do.

I have repaired our washing machine/dishwasher/tumble dryer when they have all packed up. The cooker is outside Samsungs 2 year warranty period. Any pointers would be grateful. It doesnt look overly complicated in the back.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Update

I have taken the back and lid off the cooker and I think I may have found the problem. If you look at picture 3 below (sorry for the low quality pic) it looks like the green capacitor's? legs have somehow touched each other and there is a black mark on the pcb. The PCB is getting power but I am guessing that because this component has failed is why I am not getting power to anything. My next problem is that I think this PCB is now obsolete.

back.jpg

top.jpg

pcb.jpg

Hi friend, i think you are looking in the wrong place.

search for thermostat (cut out), it is held by 2 screws.

It is a common problem.

Its cost £10 to replace, some people have taken it out and put it in the freezer for 15/20 mins

let me know how you get on

simple to replace - its under the top cover (2 screws) and has two wires going into it on push fit connectors (make sure you unplug from mains first!). two screws attach it to the fan ducting housing

Sponsored Links
Hi

I assumed the thermostat would stop the oven from coming on, the fact that I have no display makes me think this is more sinister

If your oven has power, that is the oven light comes on and the fans rotate however the LCD display doesnt work and there is no heat.

Then the cutoff fix will help you!

Your symptoms look similar and a 15/20min attempt will possible get you back up and running

Look forward to your reply

If your oven has power, that is the oven light comes on and the fans rotate however the LCD display doesnt work and there is no heat.

This is my point the oven does nothing no heat no fans nothing. The wiring to the unit works as I have removed the oven and installed a light to the wiring and this works.

unfortunalty they only fix /issue is the one i have posted. Hope you have luck with this and I will be intruged to know what it is as I have the same oven.

Alot of people have this oven and im hopeing somebody can shed some light for you.

Good luck

PS: is it still in the 2yr warranty?

Hi David,

Our Samsung BF641FB stopped working in exactly the same way as yours. We bought it November 2010.

Have you found a resolution yet? Do you think it will be covered under warranty.

Thanks

John

We also have the same problem, it got very hot then shut down, no obvious scortching on the PCB (or anywhere else for that matter!)

I thought it might be a cut off as mentioned, but would still expect some life in it... Nothing works at all, no lights, fan or display, just like its been unplugged.

Any updates would be greatly recieved, cooking everything on the barbecue was good at first, now I'm getting bored!

Update!

After finding the receipt on Saturday, I logged a call to Samsung and they came out today.

Oven is now fixed and working again, he changed the thermostat cut out, still no joy, so swapped the main PCB.

All up and running, and free under warranty!

Good luck!

My Samsung BF641FST oven also just stopped working, no power, no lights, etc - Dead! Purchased Jan 2010 and now 1 year outside the 24M wty. I assume the PCB is the problem. Have no idea what a PCB is - can anyone tell me these are still available in Queensland and if so who sells them?

This is a uk site don't know about down under.

LCL";p="2689777 said:
My Samsung BF641FST oven also just stopped working, no power, no lights, etc - Dead! Purchased Jan 2010 and now 1 year outside the 24M wty. I assume the PCB is the problem. Have no idea what a PCB is - can anyone tell me these are still available in Queensland and if so who sells them?[ stands for printed circuit board or just circuit board to you and me, don't know who sells them but at least you will know what to search for

FIXED: thank for your help , i know this post is old , but it helped me today july 4th 2014 . the second photo of the first at the top of the thread , show the thermal cut-out on the cowling with 2 big opposed white plastic shrouded connectors . i followed the advice here and took it off and place it in a freezer for 45 mins , AND IT WORKS (-: . i only joined this forum to share my good news , as the internet is all about getting to correct info from source . Worth noting that a good electronics supplier like RS Components ( UK ) Radio shack or even maplin have 50 plus thermal cut outs on the shelf as Samsung and everybody else worldwide use no more than 50 types ( same mounting on all of them ) in the 1000's of different appliances manufactured worldwide . Thus if you know the cut out temperature that the Samsung rated one shuts off at ie 135degrees C +/- 5degressC , THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE and not the correct rating as i don't know it and did not need to investigate as the freezer tip worked first time , but all you need is the shut off temp and whether its in on or off mode , whilst operating normally .

this means that even in Indonesia Thailand Vietnam , Uruguay i.e anywhere , you could pick one up from a supplier worldwide cheaply off the shelf or in days . They are interested in what the part is for at all . they just need the temp shut off and onn or off status . cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back