samsung ceramic hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i have just purchased a samsung ceramic hob and oven, the problem is how do i know if the hob is 1N or 2N ??

The hob i am replacing is an idesit and i was going to use the cable from that to wire the new samsung,

I have checked the cable and its a 6 wire cable

can anyone help me out here ??

Sponsored Links
i dont know

the current ceramic hob is wired with the 6 wires, ( although this cable came with the original hob )

the over would plug into a 13 a socket

Your hob probably can be connected as 1N or 2N.

Your question is really: is my supply 1N or 2N.
(hint 1) it is unlikely to be 2N.

The wiring instructions that came with the appliance should detail what the connections are.

Next issue is: to what will you cnnect the hob. What is the rating of the hob?

Sponsored Links
established 1N, the next issue is the cable that samsung state to use - H05 ss - f ( 180 degrees )

i have been everywhere, even electrician wholsalers who dont stock this and find is strage that its required

do i actually need this ?

or is a 85 degree one ok which seems comonly used

I have just fitted a Samsung Ceramic Hob today and it was a nightmare wiring it in. In the UK, wire it as 1N. If you look inside the electric connecting bay you will see two brass connecting rods. These can be removed with a pair of small pliers. Use these to join together posts 1&2 & 2&3.
live to terminal 1, Neutral to terminal 4. Earth is clearly marked.

Hope this helps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back