Samsung electric oven......nothing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. So my Samsung electric oven (samsung BF641fst) has been working ok for last few days however my girlfriend went to use it earlier and after about 10 minutes it seemed to be filled with smoke (probably from a pan left in there with grease on it) and then turned off. Since then nothing. The clock isn't working and so the oven won't heat up or anything. The power didn't trip out on the box either. Has anyone experienced this and how did you fix it?

Sponsored Links
Yes have tried off and back on again. And it is plugged into the wall.

Sponsored Links
Check, try replacing the fuse in the plug. Chances are, that the smoke was from the oven itself, unless you know for sure it was from a pan.

I have tried replacing the fuse in the plug but still not working. I have also removed the thermal cut off device and put that in the freezer for an hour or so (I read on another thread on here that that sometimes works) but still to no avail. Any other ideas? I'm ok with replacing parts however I'm unsure how to check what parts are working ok or not.

Is the socket working that it plugs into?

If yes then the thermal fuse may have blown or the pcb is burnt out.

Yes the socket is working fine. Is the thermal fuse the same as the thermal cut out device? Is there a way to check if it's broken? Also how do I check the PCB?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back