Samsung Fridge Freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I bought a second hand fridge freezer but the compressor didn't kick in, rand a local guy who regassed it and said compressor might be gone, give it 24 hrs to kick in.

Left it 24 hours but no joy, had a look myself, the starter relay was disconnected, I don't know if I was being scammed into an upsell or he was just incompetant either way I reconnectecd it but its still not kicking in.

So far I have done an ohms test on both temp sensors both ok, same on the compressor, main and sub both fine, the led on the PCB flashes once which according to the guide means "Not Starting" so doesn't give a lot away. The fan is running and the white safety thing on the starter relay is reading 0.5ohms

From what I can tell its either PCB or starter relay but i dont see how it could be the relay, it just looks like a connector and it all has continuity, does anyone know a way to pin it down or is there anything obvious I haven't done? I'm a fitter so happy pulling stuff apart and swapping bits but clueless with the fault finding.

If it helps its a Samsung RSG5DUMH

Cheers

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Samsung fridge/freezers and freezers are often 3 phase, and use an inverter drive, they are very good with a 10 year guarantee, but not really some thing a standard guy could repair, you need the Samsung repair manual as not like standard freezers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back