samsung hob

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply. We have 10mm cable feeding in. Can you advise what no. terminals link together? Can we use smaller cable fed from a junction box perhaps.

All live terminals should be linked..
Dosnt matter what your supply cable is.
Link all live terminals & try them 1 at a time.
Then the next issue is have you got a supply cable/circuit capable of supplying.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply diyisfun. The circuit for the hob is from a dedicated mcb, cant recall the size, think it may be 45amp? This feeds to a two pole 50 amp switch which feeds the 3300 watt cooker and the hob (6600watt). All cables are 10mm in size, and the run is very small, around 5 metres max.

Do I need to feed the 10mm cable for the hob into a separate junction box/adaptle box, and then feed the hob using smaller cable? I just about got the single 10mm2 cable into the hob as it is. There is no way we can get two lives into one?

Any ideas/suggestions please, and the terminal nos to link. obviousely the earth and neutral remain as is.

The diagram for 1N shows the terminals to link by having a thick black line between them.

If you "followed this method" you will have done this. Are you saying you haven't followed this method (as you said)? What exactly did you do?

Did the hob come with any brass links to link the terminals?

Hi,

No brass links with the hob unfortunately.

Its been wired with one live to terminal marked no. 1, one neutral to terminal marked 4, and one earth to pe (ground symbol)

The brass links would make sense, if there were any!

Thanks for that. Thats something I had thought about, but any suggestions how to get the wire in the terminal block. The 10mm just fits on its own as it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back