Electrical connection for a gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had an electric hob (glass top with red glowing elements under)replaced with a gas hob (connect by a gas engineer).

Now need to make electrical connection for gas hob.

The previous hob was connected to its own RCD in the broom cupboard, via a white box with a red switch near to the hob. The previous electric hob was connected with a 6mm cable with 3 coloured wires in it - this is still in place.

How do I connect the (much smaller) electrical cable which comes out of the bottom of the new gas hob ?

Sponsored Links
with a plug and socket. But you really should have asked this in the electrics forum - thats what its there for.

what's your oven connected to?

you can wire a socket from the existing cooker outlet plate and then just plug the hob in..

what's your oven connected to?

you can wire a socket from the existing cooker outlet plate and then just plug the hob in..

Thanks.

Oven is connected via a 6mmcable and there is a separate white socket with a red switch on the wall above the work surface. There is a separate fuse for the oven in the broom cupboard.

What is the "cooker outlet plate" ? How would I wire a socket from it ?

Can I connect into the white box with a red switch (labled Hob which is in the cupboard next to the oven ? This has a 6mm cable going into it and one going out (which was connected to the previous electric hob).

Sponsored Links
simply take the 6mm that used to go to the old hob and put a socket on the end of it.. simples...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back