Samsung ipolis and Sky Router

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using ipolis DDNS with my Samsung SRD-443 and virgin router without problems.
I have now moved to SKY and there is a fixed choice of DDNS providers on the router that does not include samsungipolis. In fact the only match between the DVR choice of DDNS and the router is noip.com.
Does anyone know of a workround so I can still use the free ipolis.

Regards
John

Sponsored Links
noip.com if they are still offering free accounts may be the way to go.

are you port forwarding?
does you Samsung device update the ddns with the ip address, or does it use the router to do that part.

You can port forward incoming traffic to the Samsung device and don't need the ddns for that, but being sky the external ip address is going to change(more than your virgin account ever did). If your Samsung device updates the ddns then you shouldn't need any ddns details in the router, just the ddns in the Samsung device.

all the ddns does is point you to the most recent known external ip address, so as long as the ddns is updated by something regularly on the same system it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the reply. I am using noip and it is working OK. I am not sure if noip needs re registering every month like some of the other free ones if so I might have to go for their paid service.
No very good that both Samsung and Sky tie you down to DDNS services of their choice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back