Samsung Smart Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this post should be in the Software Forum, so I will post in the Software Forum also.
I use Samsung Smart Switch to transfer Photographs from a Samsung Galaxy J4 to an iMac.

All works OK but I am at a loss to determine the file listing sequence when it arrives in my iMac. All the pictures are listed but the sequence is relatively random. Sort of in date order but not consistent. For instance I could take six pictures of a subject, but when listed by Smart Switch I find that these six pictures may have two or three in chronological order but the remainder will be scattered around in the list and in order to find them i need to scroll up the list to find them and with a long list this takes considerable time and effort and very often it takes several searches to identify them.
The rules of the listing are a mystery to me and there doesn't seem to be any setting to control the listing process.
Can anybody help.
So called Samsung experts in stores have no idea, now that is a surprise !!!!!

Sponsored Links
I use smart switch occasionally if I am upgrading / moving phones etc. Could you not just plug the tablet in to the imac by cable and selct the files your want from the phone in the mac OS equivalent of explorer which would hopefully give you more sensible file sorting?

Hi GoodDIYjob,
Unless I am doing something wrong here, that is not how my iMac/Phone interconnection works with SmartSwitch.
What happens is, I start up Smart Switch on both iMac and Samsung j4 phone, They connect and all control is then done from the iMac. A list of all of the files is then displayed on the iMac one of which is DCIM, a sub set contains Camera and Screen Shots, Selecting Camera a list of all of the Pictures is displayed. It is from here that the pictures contained in the Camara are displayed. It is this list that is jumbled and very difficult sometimes to fine the picture I want to transfer.
I can do nothing at the phone screen, all it displays is a screen informing me that I am connected to my computer. There are 3 numbers (1-2-3) at the top right hand side of the screen of which no.1 is backlit suggesting that there are two more pages to access but I cannot access pages no's 2 & 3 no matter what I do on the Phone or the iMac. So the way I have to control picture transfer is from my iMac list which is this relatively jumbled list.

Sponsored Links
Hi. Ok. I understand although I don't fully get the same views when I use phone to phone. Mostly, I thought smart switch is kind of a once off data tfr mechanism for everything which is why it might not be good at selectively choosing some items.. May be..

What happens if you don't use smart switch on either device just plug in the phone to iMac and browse using the iMac file browser to view Dcim folder on phone. Is that not possible? It is on a Pc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back