Sander for door frames and architrave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

any recommendations for an electric sander to use on door frames and fairly flat architrave? So many types and models.

1930s door frames, couple of coats of paint as you can guess due to age, mix of water based and oil based, so just want to take it back a bit to keep a smooth finish for new primer undercoat and paint.

Thank you
Ji

Sponsored Links
WORX WX647 55W De-Tail Corded Detail Sander https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0752VN...t_i_7HNHS9ZQ06CYXVP6BR5C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Bodge on a vacuum.

I use mesh. 100 grade mesh to start but that can damage paint too much so you may need 180 grade.
You will have to cut larger discs or strips to fit sander or buy whatever paper you can get that will velcro on

Ok cheers, lol. I thought mesh was more for fresh plaster but, i guess it will worked on that too and reduces the chance of clogging.
I cant be bothered going back down to bare wood now but enough to make it smooth where a fresh coat of paint will cover all old paint and look good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back