Sanding Accesories

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

First time posting. I am just about to over haul my house, lots of wood to work on!

I am doing all the skirting boards and my living room wooden floor. I've also just bought a nice pine table and I need to sand the legs.

What sanding tools would be best and just out of interest what do you all use?

There are a plethora of sanding tools out there, belt sanders, palm, random orbit. There are loads! Do people still use all these?

What about rolls that are sold in Machine Mart, are they good for the above?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Belt sanders are for rough work really, scraping the likes of table tops etc before fine finishing. Palm sanders use a 1/4 sheet of abrasive paper and are great for general sanding. Random orbit or shuffle sanders are kinder to the grain and can leave fewer scratches.
For general use, consider the palm sander or 1/2 sheet sander, but one of those mouse or detail sanders are surprisingly handy. (Triangular sole plate).
Velcro backing is a good idea but the abrasives are more expensive.
Machine Mart stuff is fine for sanding - often its the red grit aluminium oxide type.
For a living room floor, hire in the proper gear and safe loads of time, bad backs and frustration! Comes with dust extraction too.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back