Sanding/finishing a narrow wooden floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A part of my summerhouse is to be used as a shed so is very narrow (1.5m x 2.5m)
the floor is oak plank laid across the width ( to match the summerhouse)
I have stripped it bare by using the floor sander across the grain and used the floor sander( across the grain) to get to 80grit.
I then used a belt sander with 80 grit going along the grain and then finished with a random orbital sander.

Last part will be with 120 grit.
I wondered if it would be better to follow the method above, just use either the belt or the orbital or even try the floor edge sander ( which is a bit of a pig to control to be honest.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
For a small area I'd have hired an edge sander and done the edges and corners with a random orbit sander and a delta sander/multitool

Last edited by a moderator:
For a small area I'd have hired an edge sander and done the edges and cirners with a random orbit sander and a delta sander/multitool
I have an edge sander which, as I said in the original post, was a pig to control and didnt seem to give even results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back