- Joined
- 13 Sep 2026
- Messages
- 16
- Reaction score
- 1
- Country

I have a bedside table just like this. I'm trying to take the varnish off to stain the wood and re-varnish.
I have a dewalt orbital sander which is amazing but there are hard to reach areas which it will not reach JUST under the top. They're curved and narrow.
Are there any little tools I can get that will help? I remember seeing a 'mop' type thing you attach to a drill and it sands hard to reach areas but can't see to find them now.
Ive seen people suggesting varnish strippers but i had a very bad experience with one many years ago and it's always worried it. I applied a small bit to a hidden area (An old table) and it was fine. I them put on the varnish remover all over and it severely damaged the wood.
Tools I own: Combi Drill, dremmel (the barrels wont reach), belt sander, Orbital sander,
I have a dewalt orbital sander which is amazing but there are hard to reach areas which it will not reach JUST under the top. They're curved and narrow.
Are there any little tools I can get that will help? I remember seeing a 'mop' type thing you attach to a drill and it sands hard to reach areas but can't see to find them now.
Ive seen people suggesting varnish strippers but i had a very bad experience with one many years ago and it's always worried it. I applied a small bit to a hidden area (An old table) and it was fine. I them put on the varnish remover all over and it severely damaged the wood.
Tools I own: Combi Drill, dremmel (the barrels wont reach), belt sander, Orbital sander,