Sanding limestone tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

We have recently redone our bathroom and have had a custom cabinet made to sit on top of a ledge (underwhich is the pipework for the toilet/sink etc). You can see this in the attached pic.

Unfortunately the top of the front side of the ledge (which is tiled in white moleanos limestone tiles) is not quite straight which makes having a custom cupboard more tricky. What is more unfortunate is the carpenters went ahead and fitted the cupboard without checking the doors would fit and now one of the doors has to sit a couple of mm higher than the others to get around a small lip in one of the tiles where it wasn't cut straight.

As a result in order to straighten up the door I need to take this tile off, cut a new one correctly and reattach (which i am really trying to avoid as the tap etc is cut out of this tile) and it's all finished.

As a result i'm wondering if there is anyway to sand/file/grind off the bit of the limestone tile that sticks up too high, this would only need to be taken down about 2mm and the bit that sticks up is only a few cm wide so it's not much.

I've attached a pic of the underside of the door so you can see where the tile butts up to it, as you can see it's only the right side that is too tight.

Can anyone tell me if what i'm suggesting is possible and if so what the best way to do it is?

Thanks everyone!

Dave

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back