Sanding pitted concrete fence posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently purchased a load of concrete fence posts to replace the old rotten wooden ones. It wasn't until after these had been delivered and paid for that I have realised they all have 1 side which is really badly pitted / bubbled. The other 3 sides are all perfectly smooth.

As I don't want my neighbour to have to look at a load of pitted concrete does anyone have any ideas on how to make these visually better? Could I sand them down a little to try and at least make them smoother? Has anyone any experience with this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
you could brush on a sand and cement slurry. Don't sand them.

I think concrete posts look their best when treated with masonry paint, preferably in dark brown to blend in with the wooden panels. It will help hide the bubbles, and will also improve weather resistance of the RC.

View media item 977 View media item 975

The rough side of course is where the open top of the mould has been - its completely natural.
Personally I wouldn't have an issue with this!
John :)

Sponsored Links
I wish I lived next door to you, 99.99% of people wouldn't care about this (including me when I replaced the fence between my house and the neighbours).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back