Saniflo for kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is is ok to use a macerator pump for an only kitchen sink? ie not a 2nd kitchen. Its a one bedroom flat with a building warrant to relocate the kitchen. I'm not keen on concealing a 50mm pipe (on plan) and where the 50mm pipe would have to connect. A sanivite sounds a fairly attractive option for me. If it's ok to use!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, but you will live to regret it,

I would not fit one unless there was no other option
I would also alter my under ground drainage rather than fit one having seen the problems they create

Can someone explain further please?

I need to get drainage from my cellar which is below the main drain level. :cry:

Tip for Tipper, Start your own post explain your problem and guess what, you wont be Hijacking someone else post.
you may find a solution that way.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, wasn't hijacking but wanting an explanation of why a sanivite is no good...it's called chatting which is what these forums are all about!

Yes, but you will live to regret it,

I would not fit one unless there was no other option
I would also alter my under ground drainage rather than fit one having seen the problems they create

Thanks. My floor joists run the wrong direction for taking a 50mm pipe under the floor. It may well be do-able per plan without a saniflow- running waste pipe above floor level behind a false wall but where it connects is a bit awkward involving more bends. Whereas if I took the pipe higher into the outside stack with a saniflo it might be a bit better. Swings and roundabouts perhaps...!

I'm not doubting you buck51 but welcome some further confirmation def ok to use pump for only kitchen sink? I've had one plumber saying ok, another not!Shower room and WHB going into separate soil

Thanks

If pumping vertically the non return valve they supply is not adequate and leaks causing the motor to pump every 30-60 minutes.

I solved the problem with a proper non return valve but it took a lot of searching to find one in waste pipe size!

Using one in bathroom and the pump runs every minute or two just for a few seconds because its so powerful. I am thinking of how I can use a holding tank to increase the time between pumps.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back