Saniflo question..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
..Am I right it isn't strictly necessary to pump waste upwards any specific height from a macerator? It's only necessary to do this to give consideration to a run for the rest of the waste pipe?

Therefore if required, you can pretty much come out of the unit and then start run off at min 10mm/1M

I will actually need to get some rise from the unit first by going vertically, but probably only about 300/400mm.

Its a SANIVITE for a washing machine and kitchen sink. I'm just giving it some consideration as am concerned about getting the correct run on a 50mm pipe and also need to conceal the pipe behind a false wall. I have a building warrant for the 50mm pipe but it connects to an old kitchen sink waste which I've discovered is quite high above floor level therefore making a "run" harder.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I dont see any need to go up before down.

Good of you to get the building warrant. I am sure many dont.

Tony

Thanks for reply

The building warrant has on it two (2 metre approx) 40mm waste pipes (kitchen sink and washing machine) joining a 50mm pipe for a run of about 4/5 metres (at roughly 4-500 above floor along a wall) but it connects to this old kitchen sink waste (old flat not easy to change this) which is quite high up hence possibly not a brilliant run on the pipe.

So, the saniflo idea is not on the warrant but I don't see an issue if it's fitted correctly. I feel it might actually be better in some ways. Having said that a plumber looked and did a few measurements yesterday and thinks he can get a decent enough run on it without saniflo. Therefore the only advantage would be concealing a slightly smaller pipe.

I need to decide but am interested to check this regarding a saniflo's need to be pumped upwards

They don't need to be piped upwards, they can be if required. Avoid any 90° elbows, use slow bends only. If you use elbows, the unit will pack up in no time.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks

Here's a thing though and it probably scuppers my thoughts

This idea is for the main kitchen sink in a one bedroom ground floor flat. A friend of mine, an electrician said today he thinks the main kitchen sink in a property cannot use a saniflo!!

I thought it might be ok but I must admit I can see this easily being the case.

Any opinion welcomed. I'm at a crossroads with the whole thing and need to weigh things up

Sink is OK AFAIK but you can't put a sole toilet on a Saniflo

Sink is OK AFAIK but you can't put a sole toilet on a Saniflo

Ah right, thanks.

I wonder if I should get architect back down who did plans and seek his advice. Would say the connection to the outside stack (from the ancient kitchen waste pipe- which is there but is highish) has a bearing on use of a saniflo. If not using this old waste the connection would need to go quite high up into the outside stack via a speed fit or whatever it's called. Therefore a saniflo would be needed.

It's a dilemma. Harder to get a run and hide a big 50mm pipe along a bedroom wall and round a corner, or incorporate a saniflo to enable tidier installation. Probably need to core wall to take 32mm pipe out but maybe a lot neater.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back